Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our Bundle of Joy


Mark Franklin Anderson



Here is Grandma Quinn holding him in the delivery room


Dave and Mark spend lots of time doing "male bonding"


Katie and Mark in the hospital room


This is Dave's first picture holding Mark and officially being a dad.

11 comments:

Lauren said...

He's absolutely beautiful! Congrats again and again! I'm so sad we missed him by just a week. And you look great!
PS- I glad you picked Mark, I love it!

Alder Family said...

Congratulations!!! I know it's been forever since we've kept in touch and I was going through my blogroll and there you were with an update and such wonderful news!!! This is Meagan from Columbia 1st ward, by the way! Anyway, I hope you enjoy your precious little one. He's adorable!

The Lowe Family said...

Katie,
What a cutie!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to NOT be pregnant. You look absolutely beautiful right after giving birth...now that's a feat in and of itself. Hopefully we will see you guys somewhat soon.
Hope you are all transitioning well.
Love,
Kristin

Kerri said...

I'm an unbiased observer of the baby, and, having seen him in person already, I thought I'd better give the non-parent view of Mark. HE REALLY IS SUCH A CUTIE!!! You know how some babies come out looking like a shriveled old man? Nope, not Mark! He's so handsome, and has so much hair which makes him look older than a newborn. and he has a perfect shaped head. And he LOVES his mom! Sometimes he'd fuss when I held him, but then I'd give him back to Katie, and he calmed RIGHT down,and nuzzled right in. So CUTE!! Congrats, guys!

lindsay said...

how do you look so gorgeous after going through labor? really, I need your secrets. i definitely did NOT look like that!

Rex said...

Congratulations you two! What a wonderful gift! It's awesome to see your growing family's happy, smiling faces. Good job with the name Mark... In retrospect it is slightly better than El Guapo.

Lisa said...

I was just looking through blogs, and I thought "Hmmm... I wonder if Dave and Katie had their baby," and I am so excited to see this post! Congrats on little Mark. Also, Katie, you look so pretty in the picture. Most moms look like they have just been in a street fight or something in hospital pics (and understandably so), but you look amazing!

Robert Aird said...

Well Dave, you are the most handsome new dad I have ever seen. You look like a natural with Mark. We are so glad everything went well and we wish you the best with the little tike.

The Lowe Family said...

Katie,
I was wondering if I could give your mom a call just to make sure everything is really okay with her. Could I get her phone number from you? Thanks! I hope you and Mark are doing well and that you are not too sleep deprived. We are looking forward to seeing you this week!
Kristin

Deters said...

Congrats on your little guy! We did not even know that you were expecting. He has so much hair( especially compared to Tiig now)! Enjoy your newborn!

Julie said...

We are so excited for you guys and little Mark is so handsome! Congrats and we know you guys are going to be awesome parents!