Just the other day I looked in my closet and found an old pair of jeans from my days back in high school at Mountain View. I felt particularly skinny that day, probably on account that I had just completed running 20 miles, so I decided to try them on. Now I must admit that, truthfully, I haven't worn these jeans since high school. I think I left them at home when I went to college so that my mom would buy me new jeans for college, and to be completely honest (we're all friends here) I think that had I tried them on before I got pregnant they would have been a little snug, to say the least. But I felt confident, so I tried them on and to my amazement they fit, perfectly! Putting those jeans on brought me back to the days where my biggest worry was if I'd be asked to the next dace or about my AP psych test on Monday. I went to Mountain View football games in those jeans, got asked to homecoming in them, got "broken up with" (by my non-official boyfriend--gotta love high school dating in the Mormon world), snuck out of school for some Ernie's breakfast sandwiches in them, went to countless school dances in them, and got accepted to BYU in them. So many good times, and here they emerge again a good 6 years after graduation. Now life has changed. I'm a married to the best man ever and am a mother with the most amazing baby that I'm so grateful to have a part of my life now. I have bigger worries than dates and tests, but they still fit. After all these years. So I guess that the saying is true, somethings are always a part of your life. Somethings never change. So ode to you high school jeans. I'm glad you've made a reappearance in my life!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Ode to high school jeans
Just the other day I looked in my closet and found an old pair of jeans from my days back in high school at Mountain View. I felt particularly skinny that day, probably on account that I had just completed running 20 miles, so I decided to try them on. Now I must admit that, truthfully, I haven't worn these jeans since high school. I think I left them at home when I went to college so that my mom would buy me new jeans for college, and to be completely honest (we're all friends here) I think that had I tried them on before I got pregnant they would have been a little snug, to say the least. But I felt confident, so I tried them on and to my amazement they fit, perfectly! Putting those jeans on brought me back to the days where my biggest worry was if I'd be asked to the next dace or about my AP psych test on Monday. I went to Mountain View football games in those jeans, got asked to homecoming in them, got "broken up with" (by my non-official boyfriend--gotta love high school dating in the Mormon world), snuck out of school for some Ernie's breakfast sandwiches in them, went to countless school dances in them, and got accepted to BYU in them. So many good times, and here they emerge again a good 6 years after graduation. Now life has changed. I'm a married to the best man ever and am a mother with the most amazing baby that I'm so grateful to have a part of my life now. I have bigger worries than dates and tests, but they still fit. After all these years. So I guess that the saying is true, somethings are always a part of your life. Somethings never change. So ode to you high school jeans. I'm glad you've made a reappearance in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow.. I wish I could be in your shoes..or at least have such success with my high school clothes ; I'm so proud of you! And the 20-mile run thing..WAY TO GO, CHICK!
Sooooo jealous! No way I could fit into anything I owned from high school right now.
This is such a cute post Katie. I could never fit into my high school jeans, so I understand the significance of this accomplishment, especially after having Mark!
Come back to Utah soon!
Post a Comment