The library on BYU campus has an area on the third floor (or main floor) called the "No Shhh" Zone. This means that noise is allowed and it's the one area in the library where you can answer your cell phone and have a normal conversation with friends with being "shhhhed," therefore it's a "no shhh" area. It was in this romantic spot where Dave (aka "The Big Dog" as he lovingly dubbed himself in our first conversation, if you haven't heard the story ask Dave to tell it to you, it's very funny) met for the first time--you can't pick where you meet someone. The sad irony of this first meeting being in the library is that it is the same place my parents met and for years I poked fun at them for being such big nerds that the only place they could meet a date was in the library. It would only be fitting that the Lord with his sense of humor, would have that same spot as the first place I would meet Dave!
Dave and I recently took a trip to Utah and we made a point to visit BYU and show Mark all the sights. We took him to the library to show him where our family got its beginnings.
Here we are as a family in the "No Shhh" Zone"
We then went to the BYU bookstore and bought him a BYU football jersey for this fall, it's important that Mark supports the team. Then we had lunch at the Cougareat (sp?). It was a cold day so we didn't walk around outside too much, but we made sure we took Mark by LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Mark was dressed in his new jersey for the occasion, he looked so good it in I wouldn't be surprised if he were to run into that stadium someday dressed to play! :) All in all it was a great day, full of wonderful memories of our great college experiences.
10 comments:
Mark is soo cute! I definitely think he looks like Dave.
HOW FUN! I would love that trip myself! I look at the pic in the library and think, "Have I EVER been there?" I don't think I ever knew that existed. Ironically, Steve and I were listening to classical music one night when "Hoe-Down" came on, and our memories FLEW back to when the library was closing and THAT was the music ushering us as it grew louder and louder...Do you remember that?
Sounds like a fun trip. And, yes I also believe it is important to show your children their heritage. Good for you! And Mark, I'm waiting to hear the story.
how cute! and so smart to get pictures to remember all those places and fun times!
Ahhhh BYU...you guys are adorable!
I seriously didn't realize there was a part of the library called that...guess I didn't spend much time there! Cute pictures.:)
This is darling! It was so fun to see you guys and catch up.
Come back to visit soon!
cute pics!I think i need to hear this "big dog" story from dave...
Love the pictures! I can't wait to go to Utah in June. Mark is such a cutie too!
Geez Katie, this whole time I was under the selfish impression you guys came to Utah for our wedding? Haha. : ) It was fun having you here...-Steve
Post a Comment