The trip continued to UT. Where Mark and I had fun visiting my grandparents
Dave's brother Steve and wife, Stephanie. Steve was a good sport. He watched Mark while the women went and saw "Eclipse"--Mark cried for one hour while we were gone.
The Ladies at "Eclipse"
Hiking in the mountains--by far Dave's favorite UT pastime
Katie and cousin Emily. This photo is not a good representation of the 80th Birthday celebration of my Grandpa Hoole, aka Hoole Reunion. Of the large posterity (15 aunts and uncles and 40 plus grandchildren) only a very few were not able to attend. We did a huge family photo (to be seen later) and then retreated to my Uncle Rodgers Cabin in Francis UT. So fun! It has been YEARS since we've all gotten together like that. So amazing.
Now for the highlight of the vacation: The Cruise. Sadly Dave and I had to leave Mark with my parents (he wouldn't have liked the cruise and truthfully, Dave and I enjoyed it without him). We had a pit stop in Vegas, left out of LA, visited Catalina Island, and Ensanada, Mexico. Just had a BLAST. It was such a rad trip and I'm so grateful to Ann and Jim Anderson for planning it.
The three sisters: Katie, Lori, and Stephanie
Karaoking it up...Carrie Underwood style
In Mexico we rented ATV's and drove all around Mexico--how cool, right? We visited the blow hole, which apparently is a major attraction, we went shopping, went to the dunes and reved it up with our ATV's, and ate the BEST tacos I've ever had in my life. It has completely ruined Chipotle for me.
Here we all are at the blow hole: Jim, Lori, Dave, me, Steve, and Steph
Me and Nuz in CA. What can I say about my dear friend Kamee Nuzman? She was my teacher, my mentor, my muse, and now my friend. After not seeing her for 8 years! (wow, how time flies) We finally got together with her. Dave and I got to kick it with her and her amazing family all weekend where we ate, talked, and got shot--literally, through the lens of her camera. kamee is an AMAZING photographer and she did a weekend shoot with us all over the coast of CA. It was incredible. I'm so grateful for all she did for us. (I will post pics of the shoot soon)
1 comment:
ahhhhhhhhh...sorry I had to turn down your invite to come join you on all these trips, it would have been a blast!
...or you didn't actually invite us, but I like to pretend how much fun we would have had...oh well, live vicariously! I know this is ridiculously far-fetched, but the place you're sitting in with your CA friend looks just like a picture I have with my college BF in San Jose, with a quaint bakery in the background that was SOO good, I can still remember! Regardless, glad you're back!
Post a Comment