Sunday, November 22, 2009

New York, New York

Well...actually New Canaan, CT and NYC but you know what I mean. It was a rocking, crazy, all-too-fun girls weekend when my mom and I did a spontaneous thing, left our husbands, and went out east for a mohter-daughter weekend (the first one I've ever done with just me and my mom). It was a BLAST. Here's what we did,
The excuse for going on this trip was the joint reception of my two cousins (two brothers) Jon and Brad to their amazingly beautiful wives. Thanks to Brand and Jon who did a joint reception because it meant one ticket could support both of them. Their reception was amazingly beautiful and so well done. My aunt Robin really knows how to throw a party.
me and cousin Steve
me, Jon, and Amy. I have gotten to know Amy and am thrilled she's a part of the family. She is so AWESOME! Jon, I love yah, but you totally married up.

me, Brad, and his new wife, Lauren. She's great. And a lot of fun. She kindly was our tour guide around NYC. And like Jon, Brad married up.

I'm not a "Glen Beck Groupie" but I was excited to meet and talk to him. He is a member of my cousins ward and very graciously talked with us and signed some books for us. My mom and I probably looked a little too star struck when we talked and got pictures with him.

Mark with his girlfriend, Emery. I love that Mark has a girl who I can tell fun and embarassing stories about when they are older.

We got to spend some time with my long-lost friend, Krissi, and her daughter, Emery, how have left Chicago for the posh ivy league life of Yale.

NYC

So we went to Canal Street and had too much fun buying scarfs, cheep jewelry, and knock-off purses. Lauren and I bought, what I now believe to be a real coach purse. We nievely followed a man into a private (secret) room full of coach purses that looked real (tags and all) where I was able to purchase a coach purse for $15! I couldn't resists. I probably just aided the crime rates in NYC, but ignorce is bliss, right?

Rockerfeller Plaza, it's my dream to someday pay a ridiculous amount of money and ice skate in front of the large Christmas Tree. Crazy, foolish, expensive--but so worth it.

Times Square--I kind of wish I could have been there at 8 AM that morning because I'm sort-of a closet "Good Morning America" fan. And would have liked to stand outside the studio with a cheesy poster.

Mark was a STUD during this whole trip. He didn't complain/cry/throw a fit when we shopped for longer than anticipated (which is more than I can say for his dad) Plus, he was full of smiles the whole trip. Love you a ton, kid.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! What a fun trip! And I am amazed that it was last minute--good for you!

Kerri said...

WOW!

a) for a cool looking blog and good family pic
b) for the raddest spontaneous activity ever!! Not many can brag about spontaneous trips to NYC!

Karen said...

Wow! Greg and I ARE Glenn Beck groupies. We DVR his show every day so we can watch it when we get home from school and work. :) Your trip sounds fantastic--and I am totally in favor of Mother/daughter weekends!