Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Big Plans
It's decided...I'm running a MARATHON! Yep, 26.2 miles. I'm excited...terrified...nervous...and completely psyched! I've NEVER run anything so difficult and long. Yikes. I really hope this will be a good experience and not totally kill me. The marathon I will be running is the Indianapolis Marathon on Oct. 17th 2009. I've chosen this marathon for one reason: it's the only marathon within a 4 hour driving distance that's on a Saturday. One thing I'm really excited about is that Dave has decided to run this marathon with me--now I must clarify what I mean by "with me," Dave and I will be training together and running the same marathon; however, he will most likely finish the race 40 minutes faster then me. It's been really fun training together. We gear up, put Mark in his jogging stroller, and run for 2 miles (it's not close to 26.2 miles but you've got to start somewhere). I love that I'm running again, that we're having fun as a family, and that hopefully at the end of this training I will have lost the 8 lbs I still am carrying from my pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!! Where'd this come from! Way to go! I CAN't WAIT to hear more as you train! Are you getting anyone else to run with you? I'm surprised how many Marathon Runners there are out there!
Wow, good luck!
Good for you Katie! I tried training for a half marathon and had to stop because it hurt my body so much. Let me know how it goes! That will be a fun thing for the two of you to do together.
way to go girl! Good luck with it all!
Hey! I found your blog so we have to be blog buddies! Congrats on the marathon...pretty rad :) Mark's looking cute as always!
That is so cool! Good for you Katie! Ben loves to run, and he always wants me to go with him, but I am so bad at running. Maybe I just need more practice?
You and Dave will probably love/hate training for the marathon, but it will be fun for you to do it together.
Way to go you two!
Post a Comment