Friday, August 22, 2008

Road Trip!

At the end of July Dave went on the High Adventure trip with the priest in our ward and left me home alone for 6 whole days. I decided that a great way to fill up my time would be to go on a road trip to St. Paul MN to visit my good friend Kristen Lowe, who I hadn't seen for almost 2 years! All in all the 5 1/2 hour drive to St. Paul was wonderful, I had never been further north than Chicago and was enchanted by the huge forests and rolling hills of MN. The biggest road block I came to was when the back, left tire blew out about an hour from St. Paul. I had never had to put on a spare tire without help before so the task of figuring out the complicated jack and finding the wrench to get the bolts off the tire was quite daunting! Dave was out of cell phone range, so he was no help, but luckily--thanks to my dad and a good semaritan--I got the spare on and arrived safely in St. Paul.
I had a blast visiting with Kristin, shopping, playing with Jonah (cuttiest boy ever), and swimming in one of the 10,000 lakes of MN. The whole trip was a total success. And the drive home was better then the drive up, no tire/car problems whatsoever!

Below are so picture of Kristin, Mike, Jonah, and me enjoying one of the lakes outside Minneapolis.



4 comments:

Robert Aird said...

I am impressed you changed a tire by yourself!! Good to see you guys are doing well! Hope to see you guys soon!

Robert Aird said...

This is Katie Aird on Rob's lame url name!

The Lowe Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you posted pictures! I was just talking to Jess a few days ago and we talked about how you came to visit. I told her you looked wonderful as always, and she said something about being lucky to have such beautiful friends. I agree! :) Thanks for being beautiful inside and out.

Jess said...

Katie, you both are very beautiful girls! So fun you guys could visit each other.