"Living in the moment" and "Flying by the seat of our pants" would be appropriate phrases to describe Dave and I because right now our life is all about "temporary."
Let me explain, once again Dave and I are moving again for the 3rd time in our 9 MONTH marriage. I mean, can you believe it? We have lived in 3 different states, in 3 different time zones, within a 9 month period!
But you move where the jobs are, and Dave's new job is in Chicago. Let's just say that the job out here in Maryland was not what we thought it would be...and so Dave is taking a new job in Chicago. We're moving on May 19th.
We have mix feelings about this move. We're excited about this job opportunity for Dave, and that we can live by my family. But we're sad to leave this beautiful area and our great ward. We've met some really great people out here and have had some really neat experiences that make it hard to leave. Plus, I'm sick of packing boxes and driving moving trucks. I vowed when we got here that I would never again drive a moving truck across the country, and yet, here we are, not three months later doing just that. Ironic, isn't it? Hopefully this will be the last big move that we make for a long time.
5 comments:
Katie!
Its so great to hear about what you guys are up to. I think I can totally relate to the whole moving thing. I'll have to send you our blog site- it turns out we have the exact same blog outline! Too bad we aren't still living in Wisconsin so we could be close!
Jeanne
Yay - I'm so excited you started a blog! I know, I know, I owe you an email - I'll get in touch sometime this week so we can get caught up!
Hi Katie- love the blog, it will be fun to be lunch buddies.
so, we sadly said goodbye to you guys a few months ago...but apparently you are still living in columbia (according to your blog...) How the heck are you?! Let's have an update, kay?! The Ashbys
Post a Comment